- 1 American Wagyu Boneless Flank
- 1 Bunch Asparagus (thin); cut off bottoms and cut in half about 4 in. pieces
- 1 Sweet Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1 Orange Bell Pepper (thinly sliced)
- Clean Wagyu Flank, cut into 4 oz steaks.
- Once portioned cut them through the center, but don't cut all the way through. Keep them attached. If they are too thick still, use a mallet and pound down a bit.
- Then add asparagus, Onion and bell pepper. Wrap meat over the vegetables and use tooth picks to keep together.
- Season generously with salt and pepper.
- Get sauté pan hot and sear all around, take out and serve with Seasoned Rice (recipe below) and stir fry sauce over the beef.
STIR FRY SOY SAUCE
- 1/2 Cup Soy Sauce
- 1 1/2 Cup Water
- 3 Tbsp Mirin
- 1 Tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Ginger (Rough Chop, Peel Skin off)
- 1 tsp Lemongrass (take out core, bottom part) rough chop
- 2pc Fresno Chile (Rough Chop) Remove stem
- 5pc Peel Garlic Clove (Rough chop)
- 1/2 Sweet Onion (Rough Chop)
- 1pc Naval Orange (wash, cut in half, squeeze and put in in Sauce pot)
- 1/4 Cup Corn Starch
- 4 Tbsp Water
- (Enough Water to mix all corn starch until smooth)
- Place all Ingredients in a 3 quart stock pot and bring to a simmer. Don't bring to boil, you will burn soy sauce. Bring up slowly!
- Once liquid comes up to temperature, turn off and set for half hour to a hour. (Longer the better) Strain liquid and reserve sauce.
SEASONED WHITE RICE
- 2 Cup Rice
- 3 3/4 Cups Water
- 2 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 3 Tbsp Peeled Garlic (finely chopped)
- 1 Tbsp Lemongrass (finely chopped, take out core)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Sweat Garlic and Lemongrass with Sesame oil until tender, stir in rice.
- Once rice is a nice golden-brown color, add water and bring to a boil and cover.
- Simmer for 15 minutes and turn off and let it sit for 10 minutes. Keep lid on and until ready to serve.